The Thought Sink
(Existential Journalism)
Wednesday, October 29, 2003:
  I'll keep an eye out for Oompa-Loompas

So about that interview I mentioned going to last Friday: it paid off. I am now an official employee of Royal Staffing Services, a temp agency. What's more, when I called today to get the verdict, the nice lady called me back immediately afterward and offered me an assignment. Five days full-time, at nine dollars an hour. Very good pay for unskilled labor. I'll be cleaning out a place called "Atlanta Bonded Warehouse", which apparently is a distribution center for M&M-Mars. The nice lady said to bring a coat as the warehouse is climate controlled to keep the chocolate from melting; indoor temperatures may reach forty degrees Fahrenheit.

Small obstacle before me: in my current state of unemployment, I've been allowing myself to get out of bed at ten hundred hours, eastern standard time. This assignment requires that I show up at seven hundred hours, eastern standard time. So I'm going to be a little groggy tomorrow. Furthermore, I'll need to get to bed momentarily.

On the job front, I now must decide whether to keep applying at other places or rely on Royal Staffing to come through. If it keeps coming through like *this* I'll be -too- busy; sometime in the immediate future I have to repair The Accursed Schoolhouse's leaking roof. For once I'm glad of my construction background; my dad's advice will be invaluable on this, even if getting it will entail listening to several rants on unrelated topics.

I've determined however that working until next summer will be a misuse of time since it will take me over a year to build any sort of job history; and I intend my future pay to be based on a college degree, anyway. So as soon as possible I have to look into attending a community college this spring, so that I can achieve the grade point average necessary to make use of a wonderful thing that we have here in Georgia called the HOPE scholarship.

The glitchy HTML on this blog is driving me nuts; the new template isn't half ready yet, though.

I really must go to bed now. To anyone out there: sleep tight, wake rested. 

You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
 -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Weak souls always set to work at the wrong time.
 -- Cardinal De Rets



Convergence Vectors:


Explanations:


Blog Log:

These *were* the blogs I actually read at least once a week. I haven't looked at any of them for six months now; they may not even be there anymore. They were all very good when I read them.

ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / July 2004 / March 2005 / November 2010 /




Powered by Blogger

&