The Thought Sink
(Existential Journalism)
Thursday, November 06, 2003:
  An Explanation For An Explanation For His Behavior

I have recently re-rediscovered the joys of reading.

I mentioned a few times that I once worked at the Cobb County Public Library. Well, I quit under awkward conditions, and because I've been a social turtle my entire life I was too mortified to actually go and use the library anymore. I recently rectified that situation. On Tuesday I went to the library after work to pick up a book I had reserved. When I left I went to my car, got in, and instead of heading home and taking a shower because I was filthy, sat in the parking lot for three hours and read Breakfast of Champions cover to cover. It was the second time I had read that book, and I think I got a lot more from it this time.

I had the day off today. I meant to write an uber-post to cover some of the more interesting things that have happened this week, but I needed to give you some background on my dad to do it. And all of that Breakfast of Champions stuff was still floating around in my head, and my mind just decided that this was what it should sound like, and then it sort of spiraled out of control. My apologies to Mister Vonnegut. 

You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
 -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Weak souls always set to work at the wrong time.
 -- Cardinal De Rets



Convergence Vectors:


Explanations:


Blog Log:

These *were* the blogs I actually read at least once a week. I haven't looked at any of them for six months now; they may not even be there anymore. They were all very good when I read them.

ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / July 2004 / March 2005 / November 2010 /




Powered by Blogger

&