The Thought Sink
(Existential Journalism)
Thursday, November 20, 2003:
  On the Shore of Sanity

If I am a castaway left adrift and this thought sink is my island savior, then it is correct to say that I am still sprawled on its white beach, the surf trying to drag me back into the sea. I am still next to my death of thirst, not having yet explored it and found fresh water, to say nothing of food and shelter.

I have whined too much about not writing. That does not mean I have already jumped the shark; It means that I am still in danger of being eaten by one. As I get things under control, the whining will stop. I promise.

I stated three goals early on:

1. The posts must be interesting to read.
2. The posts should mostly have original, coherent, non-referential content.
3. I need to be able to write the posts quickly.


How well I have achieved number one is entirely up to you to decide. I believe I have kept with number two. Number three is of course a complete failure so far.

And now I have a new problem. This blog is starting to make less sense. I am not going to waste my time or anyone else's writing the same things over and over again, but I am well aware that if you are not reading it from the beginning, The Thought Sink is a little dense. Self-referential code language, as it were.

So the format needs some re-tooling.

Not to mention the template I still have not made. I desperately want to get this blog up to speed as soon as possible.

I have had work everyday this week, and have come home too tired to write much. I got call-backs on Tuesday from two different Target department stores about my applications; I was not able to come to an interview with one, but I went to an interview with the other on Wednesday. It went well, and I had a second interview there today, which went possibly a little less well. Verdict early next week.

The operating system of this computer has been corrupted for some time, and I need to re-format its hard disk drive. So Saturday I shall focus on my blogging, first fixing my terminal, then my template, then my text.

With luck I will be off the beach by Monday, thirst slaked and tramping through the jungle. 

You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
 -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Weak souls always set to work at the wrong time.
 -- Cardinal De Rets



Convergence Vectors:


Explanations:


Blog Log:

These *were* the blogs I actually read at least once a week. I haven't looked at any of them for six months now; they may not even be there anymore. They were all very good when I read them.

ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / July 2004 / March 2005 / November 2010 /




Powered by Blogger

&