The Thought Sink
(Existential Journalism)
Wednesday, January 07, 2004:
  ?

It is now seven-sixteen post meridiem, on January seventh, the year two thousand four. I am at Cobb County Central Library, where I had my first ever job. I got up the nerve to come back here again late in November, and things are fine now. I have my library back. The library closes at nine. They are very strict about that.

I better write fast.

Better yet, I better post this as I write it, as I will probably be interrupted by the computer-use timer as well as the closing doors.

<POST>

If I am presumptuous enough to believe that a few people were following my blog in the fall, I will now be hopeful enough to believe that I have not lost them all in the gap. I further will hope that a new reader might still stumble upon my blog and make sense of it.

Yes, I am delusionally optimistic today. And how are you?

At present only the day of the week is listed before each post- that will change- so if you cannot tell or do not know, my last post was quite a while ago. I got distracted. I am, in fact, still distracted; but I am heartened that I have now summoned the focus to compose sentences.

I should have written an outline for this post.

<POST>

Two minutes left on the thirty-minute timer.

I am at the library because

<INTERRUPT>

Well, pleasant surprise: Blogger keeps the library computer-use timer from closing this window automatically. I logged back in. I have another thirty minutes.

<POST>

Sometimes my mind starts yelling at me louder and louder about something it wants to say, about something that I want to say, and I do not know what it is that we want to say even but I keep wanting to say it and meanwhile people are expecting me to say something and I am frantically running around in my brain searching for the thing it is that I want to say that my mind keeps telling me is there, somewhere, if I would only just look a little bit harder or maybe it is in a book somewhere that I read once maybe if I just go back and read it again but it does not sound like I remember it did somehow I thought it was the thing but it is not the thing it is something else and all the time my mind is yelling at me to say the thing and I still do not even know what the thing is but I know it is there somewhere I just need the words they must be in the dictionary no not that one not that one not that one not that one not that one not that one be quiet I am looking already no not that one no not that one and all the time people are still expecting me to say something and wondering what is taking him so long and I still do not know how to say it and then all at once it comes out and it sounds and looks and feels and smells and tastes like this:

WORD

It is very quiet in the library. That is why I am in the library.

<POST>

It feels good to be writing again. Except now, of course, I have to come up with something to write, again.

<POST>

Now I am just playing with the post bu

<INTERRUPT>

tton. Stupid timer. I am going to move to another computer.

<POST>

No, wait, I am not: the computer that was free is not any more. The librarian nearest the computers said that patrons are not supposed to take more than two consecutive computer sessions, even when no one is waiting. Which is the sort of attitude which got me in trouble when I worked here. I want to move to where I am sure he cannot see me. I am going to log off. I may end up continuing this from home.

<POST> 

You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
 -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Weak souls always set to work at the wrong time.
 -- Cardinal De Rets



Convergence Vectors:


Explanations:


Blog Log:

These *were* the blogs I actually read at least once a week. I haven't looked at any of them for six months now; they may not even be there anymore. They were all very good when I read them.

ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / July 2004 / March 2005 / November 2010 /




Powered by Blogger

&