The Thought Sink
(Existential Journalism)
Thursday, January 08, 2004:
  ?

I used to waste sometimes fifteen minutes trying to think of a title before starting to write a post. There I am, raring to go, full of word, lots of high-pressure thought to sink, and what do I do? I blither about what I am going to call it.

IT DOES NOT NEED A NAME.

Somebody wrote- I know who, I just cannot recall his name; I will look it up- that unnamed poems are like unnamed children. I once fancied myself a poet, and immodestly admit that in high school I crafted several ouerves which did in fact not kill anyone. I was very proud of that.

A poem is, to me, a word. The title of the poem is how you say the word; the text of the poem is its definition. It is a formulation and subsequent concentration of meaning into a single capsule. It represents that thing I am trying to figure out how to say, If I can only figure out what it is that I am trying to say.

And blog posts are, for me, alike to poems in that respect of being a distillation of state of mind, boiled down and refined and ready for reader ingestion. So I feel their names are important. But it is better that they be nameless than unborn.

So is born another word.

<POST> 

You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
 -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Weak souls always set to work at the wrong time.
 -- Cardinal De Rets



Convergence Vectors:


Explanations:


Blog Log:

These *were* the blogs I actually read at least once a week. I haven't looked at any of them for six months now; they may not even be there anymore. They were all very good when I read them.

ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / July 2004 / March 2005 / November 2010 /




Powered by Blogger

&